Mold Problem in Portland Office?
Commercial Mold Problem in Portland
When the roof to our office complex leaked, enough moisture came into the building to create a mold problem. There was a musty odor that I could not locate anywhere in the building. The next day I looked up and saw mold spreading across the ceiling where it hadn’t been yesterday. I called SERVPRO of North Portland / West Hawthorne, and they sent a team out to mitigate and remediate the problem. Here are some facts about mold:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or air conditioning or heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet
- Mold spores thrive on moisture
- Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed to discourage the mold from returning
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas
- Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent
Call Us Today!
When your Portland commercial business has a mold damage emergency, SERVPRO of North Portland / West Hawthorne has a team of highly trained technicians on-call and ready to respond 24 hours a day.