Water Damage Tips For Portland Properties
When water damage strikes your home, there will likely be damage to the structure of your home and the contents. SERVPRO of North Portland / West Hawthorne is committed to helping you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, no matter the time of day. We have crews who are on call around the clock to help you when disaster strikes.
- Install storm shutters ahead of time to protect vulnerable windows. If a storm is approaching, temporary plywood shutters will work in a pinch
- Take shelter in an interior, lower-level room away from windows, doors, and skylights during a severe storm.
- If you lose power, unplug electrical appliances to prevent potential damage from a power surge once electricity is restored.
- Bring valuable items upstairs to protect from flood damage.
- If you hear thunder, hold off on showering until the storm passes. Lightning can travel through metal pipes and shock on contact.